CALL FOR SPEAKERS – We are currently accepting proposals for presenting at COMS 2018. A few speaker slots remain.
» See confirmed speakers here.
SCOPE & TOPICS
For over 20 years, the COMS conference has been bringing together experts from industry, the investment community, academia and government to focus on commercialization of emerging technology with special emphasis on micro and nano tech.
This year the organizers at FSRM, ASME, and MANCEF would like to highlight several areas directly impacting the commercialization of a number of exponential emerging technologies with additional special emphasis on Industry 4.0. Abstract submissions are sought from those interested in sharing their commercialization experience in the following areas:
• Customized Manufacturing – smart factories, industry specific examples
• New Manufacturing Processes – additive fabrication, new materials
• Sensor Systems – new sensor devices, connectivity, data analytics, environmental and infrastructure monitoring
• Digital Health & Mobile Health – genomics, personal diagnostics
• Future of Robotics / Cobots – process automation, human-machine interface, AR
• Smart Networks – smart cities, autonomous transportation, drone networks, new software
• The Emerging Technology Commercialization Marketplace – exponential companies, new funding approaches, roadmapping and forecasting
• Barriers to Commercialization – security, lessons learned, regulatory environment, sustaining growth
HOW TO SUBMIT?
Please send your speaking proposals using the submission template.
Send completed proposals to email@example.com.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE : Speaker slots are still available. A “continuous review” process is in currently place for COMS 2018.
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to authors within 2 weeks of submitting an abstract.
Authors of accepted presentations commit themselves to present their paper at the conference. In case of personal impediment, the speaking person should appoint the backup speaker.
The reduced speaker registration fee is CHF 400.- (regular registration is ~ CHF 700.-)
This registration provides the speaker with full access to all conference events at COMS 2018, including all social and networking activities. Speakers’ travel and accommodation expenses are not covered by the organizers.
Proceedings of the conference will be available at the opening of the event. Clear instructions about the proceedings will be sent to the authors of accepted presentations.
The organizers commit themselves not to disseminate the presentations before the conferences.
PROGRAM CHAIR: TODD CHRISTENSON, HTMICRO.
PROGRAM COMMITTEE: full list available here.
Program announced on the web: May 30, 2018
Complete presentation for proceedings: September 7, 2018